Apply for a Co-SponsorshipThe Center for Native American and Indigenous Research (CNAIR) invites requests to co-sponsor events organized by Northwestern University faculty, staff, student groups and CNAIR community and affiliates. Decisions about co-sponsorship funding will be based on the event's relevance to our mission. If the event is co-sponsored with a Northwestern department, CNAIR will ordinarily contribute a maximum of one-third of an event's total budget.
We review such requests on a rolling basis via the application instructions below. Click here for information about previous events CNAIR has co-sponsored. Applications are evaluated by a committee of CNAIR faculty and staff. Other relevant faculty may be consulted at the discretion of the committee. Accepted applications will be based on quality, viability, and potential contribution to the goals of CNAIR. All requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks in advance of the event to be considered. If you are interested in co-sponsorship for your event, please fill out the form and we will get back to you within 10 business days.
Application InstructionsTo apply for CNAIR co-sponsorship, please prepare the items listed below into a single document:
- Contact Name – Email Address – Phone Number
- Name of Sponsoring Organization/Program/Department
- Project/Event Name
- Event Date and Time
- Description of event
- Expected audience (size and participants) # people, Faculty, Post-Docs, Graduate Students, Undergraduate Students, Staff, Native and Indigenous Community, General Public
- Confirmed speakers (one-line bios)
- Proposed budget, including specific amount requested from CNAIR
- Other Confirmed and Solicited Co-Sponsors
- How does this event relate to the mission of CNAIR?